Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

User_1181702

Silent/unattended installation

User_1181702 2020-10-21 09:21:34

How could I silently/unattended install usBIM.viewer+ in our company (over 150 workstations)?

madoniaivan

madoniaivan 2020-10-21 11:47:43

Hi there
I just escalated the request at upper level, I will probably give you some detailed information in few hours. (maybe there is something we can help on)

Tony

Tony 2020-10-21 15:06:36

Dear sir, thanks for contacting ACCA.

All of our software solutions can also be provided through network administrator distribution. It's very useful in order to ensure that all users within the network have the same installation settings too.
Even though silent installers run without any user interaction, you will have to check with your network administrator the best Silent Installer tools to use in order to install usBIM.viewer+ on your company PCs.

From our side, we can provide all the necessary support to get your collaboartors up and running. As an alternative, you may be interested to consider our Cloud Based IFC certified CDE platform. "usBIM.Platform" which is currently the only IFC certified CDE platform in the world and also includes an entire ecosystem of BIM authoring and Plugins all developed and made available by ACCA software.

It also includes our usBIM.browser tool which is a high performance web browser based 3D Models and data viewers and is available within our CDE.
This web based viewer works exactly as the usBIM.viewer+ but of course doesn't need to be installed.

If you would like to get on a call, I can provide further info and maybe you can describe what kind of needs you have in your company's Architecture design workflow.
Hope this helps.

User_1181702

User_1181702 2020-10-21 15:52:14

Hello Tony,

Thank you for reply. But you didn't answer my question. What switch (like /silent, --unattended, -SILENT) I can use with installer to install usBIMViewer silently/unattended?

Tony

Tony 2020-10-21 16:59:41

Hi!
Well in terms of providing instructions for this kind of network administrator requirement, our setup process doesn't support the typical InstallShied, Wise, Windows Installer switch parameters.

What we can do is try with the following parameter that your IT manager has to launch accordingly.

First of all download the setup package here: www.accasoftware.com/en/freeware/usbim.viewer+

Then, instead of launching it directly, use the option: "Do you want to create a setup Package for a different PC". (see screenshot).
This will dump the entire setup package in the default folder: C:\ACCA\SETUP\usBIM.viewer+

Now you can run the installation process using the -SILENTMODE parameter as follows:
C:\ACCA\SETUP\usBIM.viewer+\Setup.exe -SILENTMODE

The Install dialogue box will appear but Default install Path will be used: C:\ACCA\usBIM.viewer+

Let me know if this works out for you.

User_1181702

User_1181702 2020-10-21 19:06:34

Tony, thank you very much! Your advice has solved my question.