Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

Antony

How to enter entries in the BoQ/cost estimate

Antony 2019-01-29 18:41:50

Here's a technical support request that I wanted to share with our users

Request
How do I start inserting my BoQ items?

Answer
Simply proceed as follows:
1) create a new Project type document;
2) press the Ins key whilst in the Measurements editor;
3) confirm the dialog Insert and edit a new Price List item;
4) fill in the fields Tariff, Description, Unit of measurement and unit rate and confirm to insert the item in the estimate document;
5) also confirm the next dialog if you do not need to sub-divide the BoQ items into Work Sections (Categories)...;
6) specify measurements and confirm all the fields for each row;
7) proceed in the same way when adding further items and relating measurements

User_1026166

User_1026166 2019-08-09 15:28:51

I've just viewed the helpful video about importing cost items from and excel sheet.

However, I am still at a lose as to how one enters a Quantity value, without which the sub-total is never calculated.

Felix

Felix 2019-08-12 17:43:40

I've just viewed the helpful video about importing cost items from and excel sheet.

However, I am still at a lose as to how one enters a Quantity value, without which the sub-total is never calculated.
User_1026166

The 'Project' document (Bill of Quantities) allow you to access to 4 main editors:
-General Data editor, where to insert the location of the project, the object of the work, the heading of the printouts, etc. --> see explanatory image
-Price List editor, where are available the price list items (code, description, measurement unit and unit price) -->see explanatory image
-Measurements editor, where to drop the price items and associate the quantities/measurements -->see explanatory image
-Print editor, where you can manage the printings and the documents -->see explanatory image

To enter the quantities/measurements it is necessary to work in the editor Measurements editor and NOT in the Price List editor of the document.

Therefore, if the items are in the Price List editor of the document, to input the quantities/measurement, they must be inserted in the Measurements editor from the Price List Tool -->see explanatory image

Notes:
- The Price List Items can be created inside the Price List editor or inside the Measurements editor of the document. Furthermore, the items can be imported from other documents (previous bills of quantities, reference price list, Excel file, etc.) and restore the links with the Drag&Drop in the Price List editor or Measurementseditor
- For the items created/inserted in the Measurements editor it will be possible to edit the quantities/measurements
- The items created/inserted in the Measurements editor will be automatically reported by the application in the Price List of the document
- The items created/inserted in the Price List editor, to be used in the bill of quantities (associated with quantities/measurements), must be copied in the Measurements editor through the use of Price List Tool.