Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

Antony

Using the Bridge code in PriMus

Antony 2017-09-11 15:59:37

Here's an interesting technical support case

Request
What' s the "Bridge code" and how do I use it?

Answer
The Bridge Code utility is linked to the PriMus Plant (PriMus-i) section of the program.

PriMus-i (Installations)
PriMus-i is the PriMus module, designed for technicians, installers, and companies that need to prepare estimates of electrical and plumbing systems.
PriMus-i allows you to consider plant specific data and costs in order to define each item in the Price List.
The price of each item can be determined by associating the cost of the main component of machining, accessories and transport costs and the amount of installation (indicating the execution times and the workforce cost).

It is also possible to take into account overheads, general costs and the H&S costs.

The cost of the material can be characterized by a discount family (similar discounts for material categories) and five discounts, even cumulative, or recharges, for the calculation of revenues.

Each material is also characterized by brand, model, CE markings, the quality mark and the manufacturer.
-> see explanation image

The Bridge Code is a characteristic feature of an item (-> see explanation image ) that allowing you to replace a component with an equivalent produced by a a different brand, so that the technician can get prices using materials from different vendors too.

This allows you to compare product prices from different companies without having to re-write the entire BoQ estimate from scratch.
Ultimately with PriMus-i it's easy to produce a quote, taking into account actual material prices, discounts, etc.

Once the Bridge Code has been assigned to each component of price / list of various manufacturers, PriMus-i allows you to quickly evaluate the economic aspect of different project designs. The program, in fact, is able to automatically replace the material (main component) of the workings (items) with the equivalent of another manufacturer. In this case, the Bridge Code is the element that allows the software to recognize the equivalent components in other manufacturer product price lists.
-> see explanatory image

The Bridge Code is an alphanumeric code of up to 20 characters that can be used to characterize each item (material) in a list. A list material is considered equivalent to another list if it has the SAME Bridge Code.
Therefore, just assign the same Bridge code to the equivalent material in other price lists to automatically compare the total amount of the quote using one or more of a manufacturer materials.