Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

Antony

Several Price List items associated to the same measurements/Several design solutions in the same Bill of Quantities

Antony 2017-09-05 18:35:15

I would like to share a request for assistance

Request
I need to associate several Price List items to the same measurements in order to evaluate several design solutions for the same work.
How could I get what I need?

Answer
In order to meet your needs, consider the option of subdividing the Bill of Quantities into Work Categories (for example: Super Categories), so as to define the various 'Alternatives' (for example: Alternative A, Alternative B, etc.) to be associated to the respective measurement items.
With the Bill of Quantities structured in this way, you will have the possibility to print each Alternative while unselecting the other ones in the 'Categories' page of the Bill of Quantities printing settings. At the end of the final print, you will be able to combine the single paper and/or pdf documents in order to obtain a single document --> (see explanatory image).

PROCEDURE FOR DRAWING UP THE SINGLE BILL OF QUANTITIES
After preparing the Bill of Quantities of the first alternative (by associating the measurement items to the super category, for example Alternative A), in order to draw up the Bill of Quantities of Alternative B you need to proceed as follows:
#1 –select and copy block
1) highlight and copy the whole block of measurement items of Alternative A;

#2 –personalized filter and paste
2) activate the personalized filter on the 'Alternative B'super category;
3) paste the measurement items;

#3 - drag&drop replace
4) simultaneously open the reference Price book from which you need to import the Price list items of Alternative B;
5) drag one by one the items from the reference Price book to the 'Measurements' editor of the Bill of Quantities by 'Dragging&Dropping' + pressing 'Ctrl' to activate the 'Replace' feature;
6) drop the Price list item of Alternative B on the correspondent measurement item of Alternative A in order to replace it and save the measures/quantities.
7) execute steps 5) and 6) of the procedure to replace all the measurement items of 'Alternative A with the one of 'Alternative B.
-->see explanatory image of the procedure

Execute the whole procedure (from step '1)' to step '7)') to create further alternatives inside of the same Bill of Quantities.