Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

Antony

Printing on both sides of a page and the binding margin

Antony 2017-05-08 16:24:14

Here's a new technical support case that I wanted to share with our users

REQUEST
I need to print my documents in "Back and Front" mode but I also need to leave a bit of space to one side to provide for a Binding margin so that the entire page can still be read after applying the book binder. How do I do that?

ANSWER
• The 'Front/Back' printing option can be configured from tyour printer's driver options.
• The 'Page Binder' options allows you to add an extra spacing to one side in order to move all page contents and maintaining readability --> (see illustration).

Simply proceed as follows:

1) reset the value in the 'Page Binding' field --> (see figure);
2) access the 'PRINTER configurations' page and specify the 'Left' and 'Right' margins --> (see figure);

Note - it's appropriate to set a higher value for the 'right' margin (example: Left --> 15; Right --> 20) because the printer already adds a certain amount of extra spacing to the left margin when printing.
3) access the printer's configuration properties and set the 'front/back' Print mode --> (see figure)

WARNING!!! - these types of settings may vary from one printer to another therefore the above illustrations may be different for your Printer.