Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

John

Assigning titles (work sections) to items that are already accounted for

John 2015-07-24 17:34:42

Sharing a new technical support issue

REQUEST
During the organisation of my BoQ document I need to assign titles to the various work sections (categories of work).
How do I proceed?
consider that these items are already accounted for and present in my BoQ.

ANSWER
To order your BoQ items accordingly, all you need to do is first insert your list of Categories (Work Sections) in General Data and then assign them to various groups of items with the Modify selection block... function.

HOW TO PROCEED

1) access the Super Categories page (General Data - Chapters and Categories - Super Categories);
2) insert your category titles in the table;
3) in the measurements editor select a block of items with the Shift + left mouse button click key combination. If the items are already consecutive, simply use the Shift + down arrow to select them all together;
4) select Modify selection block... by simply doing a right mouse button click on one of the selected items;
5) activate the check box on Super Categories and from the list box now assign the appropriate category "title" from the list box;
6) press OK to assign the category to the selected group of items;
7) now de-select all items with the Ctrl+Shift+R key combination;
8) repeat this same procedure for all other items belonging to other categories (work sections) following through from point 3.

To be able to see these "Titles" in your document and in the (Measurements Editor), simply open the View Options toolbox and select Structure or, in this specific case, Super Categories and, from the list box, Sort by.

Click on the following link to see some detailed screen shots of the procedure
supercategories.jpg