Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

klejdin

how to calculate the desired rc interventions

klejdin 2020-02-16 23:14:04

I have a existing building. I need some interventions on it. i have added all the existing reinforcements (as i have supposed) than i have added the type of interventions that i want (exp. steel wrapping in the design stage).
what to do now in order to have the verification of this interventions (to know if they are correctly calculated or not)
were to see the drawings?

ps the videos in the tutorial i hear only sound an the video is not running correctly. i have not see any video regarding this calulations

Tony

Tony 2020-02-17 09:24:58

Inserting interventions become a modification of the safety checks of the structural elements on which they were applied.
Once the reinforcement interventions have been entered, you'll then need to perform the complete calculation of the structure again.

To check whether the intervention was effective or not, you can consult:
- the views of the safety factors: video.accasoftware.com/en/edilus/id341/index.html?idPLV=10910&autoplay=1 [^]
- documents relating to the assessment of seismic vulnerability: video.accasoftware.com/EN/edilus/id345/index.html?idPLV=6499&autoplay=1 [^]

At the moment, no construction details of the reinforcement interventions are provided. The Frameworks sections provide graphical indications and tables that summarize the characteristics of the inserted reinforcements.

As with the Video not being visible, this issue depends on your Browser's Flash Player installation. Please empty your Browser Cache and try re-installing Flash Player. Refer to:
helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/no-video-display-flash-player.html
for further instructions or try using a different browser if you are using Explorer.

Regards

klejdin

klejdin 2020-02-17 19:03:02

429346_1581962430_bracings.jpg

may you please send me some informations about the meangings of:
- solidarity between Profiles and RC
- Bracings Position
- Hight / pitch / thiknes.

may you give a drawing

429346_1581964657_bracings2.jpg

it keeps showing this warning.
rc colums are 30x40

Tony

Tony 2020-02-18 09:37:02

429346_1581962430_bracings.jpg

may you please send me some informations about the meangings of:
- solidarity between Profiles and RC
- Bracings Position
- Hight / pitch / thiknes.

may you give a drawing

429346_1581964657_bracings2.jpg

it keeps showing this warning.
rc colums are 30x40
klejdin

As an indication of the various parameters, the following guidelines may help you out. I'll try to summarise.

Applied the Steel Wrapping reinforcement, in the relative tool-box of the properties it is possible to customize a series of settings:

1) Material: allows the user to choose the type of steel used for the reinforcement;
2) Solidarity between profiles and reinforced concrete: by selecting this option, the reinforcement applied effectively is also considered against bending as well as shear. Not making this setting implies that the layering is effective only with respect to the stresses due to shear;
3) Presence of battening plates (stiffening plates for columns): applying this property, EdiLus considers the reinforcement consisting of stiffening brackets or plates (arranged on the corners) with connecting elements in between, otherwise the reiforcement cage is made up of a box that wraps the column for its entire height;
4) Thickness: defines the thickness of the box that wraps the column.

If the above option is enabled, you also have the following properties:
a) Profile Section: allows the user to choose the section of the L-profile to be used as an angle reinforcement;
b) Shape: indicates how to position the L-profile with unequal sides with respect to the corners of the column;
c) Material: defines the type of steel to be considered for the plates;
d) Height: fixes the height of the plate;
e) Interaxis: specifies the distance/step (axis-axis) between the plates;
f) Thickness: represents the plate thickness.

Note:
If the column has a circular section the above options may vary as the angle plates in this configuration are no longer applicable. In particular:

1) Full height: this option makes the casing affect the entire column continuously (tubular over the entire height of the column);
2) Thickness: represents the thickness of the reinforcement (tubular).
By deactivating the Full height option, the steel jacketing (or wrapping) is considered with rings and connecting elements.
This option also has specific settings:
a) Height: allows you to define the height of the rings;
b) Interaxis: specifies the distance/step (axis-axis) between rings;
c) Thickness: represents the thickness of the rings;
d) Material: identifies the material of the connecting elements;
e) Width: sets the width of the connecting elements;
f) Thickness: the thickness of these elements.

klejdin

klejdin 2020-02-18 14:18:56

how to increase the concrete of the existing column (increase the depth and width) and apply the steel wrapping

429346_1582031924_whatsapp_image_2020_02_18_at_141759.jpeg

Tony

Tony 2020-02-18 14:49:41

how to increase the concrete of the existing column (increase the depth and width) and apply the steel wrapping

429346_1582031924_whatsapp_image_2020_02_18_at_141759.jpeg
klejdin

The only way that you can increase the dimensions of a column is to choose a larger section profile in the sections field.

klejdin

klejdin 2020-02-19 20:19:36

in the vulnerability sheet the what means if the risk indicator i 0. I think i should not be 0 form my case!!! shuld i activate some thing in the calulations?

429346_1582139907_vulnerability.jpg

Tony

Tony 2020-02-20 09:43:16

in the vulnerability sheet the what means if the risk indicator i 0. I think i should not be 0 form my case!!! shuld i activate some thing in the calulations?

429346_1582139907_vulnerability.jpg
klejdin

The seismic risk indicator is null when one or more elements of the structure go into crisis (they are not verified → SF<1) already under the effect of only the static part of the seismic combination [G1 + G 2+ Σi(Qki ∙ψ2i )].
This condition can occur both for real structural deficiencies (of material and /or in the structural dimensions) or for some modeling error of the structure and /or lack of reinforcement in the reinforced concrete elements.

Therefore, to evaluate if and how to intervene it is necessary:
- take into account the type of structure being analyzed ("Factual Status" or "Project Status");
- know the mechanism that cancels the seismic risk indicator (see table “CAPACITY- SENSITY OF SUSTAINABLE SEISMIC ACTION” (table 8 or 9) in the sheet of vulnerability);
- identify the elements that have zero capacity (consult the collapse acceleration table from the calculation results or consult the specific 3D view of the collapse accelerations - see note in the margin).

Watch the illustrative video on how to obtain the vulnerability sheet and PGA table with collapse acceleration values and percentages for each element and mechanism for reinforced concrete structures.

Or also have a look at the illustrative video that shows how to obtain the vulnerability sheet and PGA table with collapse acceleration values and percentages for each element and mechanism for masonry structures.

After identifying the elements with zero collapse acceleration, depending on the type of structure ("Surveyed State" or "Design State") that is being analyzed, it is possible to evaluate whether and how to intervene.

If the structure analyzed is a "Surveyed State" it is possible:
- correct any modeling errors;
- insert the actual reinforcement in the existing reinforced concrete structural elements;
- insert any Exception to exclude from the PGA calculation elements considered insignificant.

In the case of the "Surveyed State", the seismic risk indicators may still be zero even after corrective actions.
In this case, it is necessary to consider this condition as an actual structural deficiency of the building in question.

If the structure analyzed is a "Design Status" it is possible to:
- correct any modeling errors;
- insert the actual reinforcement in the existing reinforced concrete structural elements;
- insert any Exception to exclude from the PGA calculation elements considered insignificant.

In the case of the "Project Status", if the seismic risk indicators are still zero even after corrective actions, it is necessary to introduce adequate reinforcements in order to eliminate this condition.

Click here to see how to insert the Exceptions to exclude from the calculation of PGA the insignificant elements.

N.B.: In the latest versions of the program, there is a more immediate method to identify the most vulnerable elements of the structure. In the toolbox on the right 3D results, color mapped views of the Accelerations of Collapse (PGA) have been implemented for each type of mechanism.
Thanks to the color gradient and the filter that can be used, it is immediately possible to identify the element or elements that cancel the vulnerability card, as shown in the attached image: image.

Tony

Tony 2020-12-10 12:26:31

By default, inserting the reinforcement activates the "Solidarity between profiles and RC" option. This option considers the applied reinforcement effective against bending and shear.
However, please note that if solidarity between profiles and RC is assumed, if the stress in the steel jacket lining exceeds 50% of the yield stress of the profiles, therefore contribution of the intervention to shear is considered null.

If the option "Solidarity between profiles and RC" is not active, the reinforcement is considered effective only for shear.
In order for the software to see the contribution of the steel jacketed reinforcement, a complete Reset and recalculation of the structure must be performed.