How to create a new profile section type for columns and beams
TonyC 2015-03-03 15:18:07
Here's a new technical support issue that has been put through by some of our EdiLus users
How can I define anew section type for my structural columns and beams?
To create a new section type for columns and beams, simply proceed as follows
- open the node ELEMENTS in the project Navigator;
- open the "Columns and Beams sections" node with a double click;
- select the section type to add from the predefined section list (for example: rectangular section type)
- select Add by doing a right mouse button click;
- now define the geometrical characteristics of the section by inserting the relating data in the properties toolbox (e.g.: in the case of a rectangle, define Base and height).
Access the following link to see a video showing how to create new section types for columns and beams:
Are you sure you wantto delete this comment?