How to insert Foundation Sockets
TonyC 2015-02-24 17:25:17
Here's a new Technical Support issue that was put forward by one of our users
I need to insert foundation sockets in my structure. How do I proceed to modelling them?
To model a Foundation socket beneath a Column or Pillar simply follows these few easy steps:
- open the "3D Editor" view;
- select the "Plinth" object;
- from within the properties toolbox, define the plinth's characteristics (material, foundation soil, geometry, etc.)
- now click on the column under which to insert the plinth;
- now select the "Foundation Socket" object;
- then define its dimensions in the properties toolbox;
- now click on the plinth above which to insert the socket.
Click to access the tutorial that shows how to insert plinths at the column footing:
Click to access the tutorial that shows how to insert a foundation socket above a plinth:
The very same procedure applies when needing to insert foundation sockets on Plinths on Piles.
In this case, instead of using the foundation socket object, you'll need to use the "plinth on pile" object.
Click to access the tutorial that shows how to insert plinths on piles:
Are you sure you wantto delete this comment?