Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

TonyC

'P' and 'N' option in calculation Results

TonyC 2017-01-23 11:48:23

Here's a new Technicxal support issue that I'd like to share

QUESTION:
In the Results toolbox, when requesting to show the results in graphical form (displacements, stresses, stresses, etc.), below the "for static loads" field, in correspondence of each load condition, I have the P and N toolbox. What do they represent?

ANSWER:
Selecting the checkbox P allows you to view graphic results as required for the selected load condition, assuming that the loads act in the same direction as defined in the model.
For example, in the case of a Permanent load (dead load), the load will be considered in the same direction in which it normally acts, i.e. downwards.

When selecting N this allows you to view the graphic results as required for the selected load condition, assuming that the loads act in the opposite direction to which they were defined in the calculation model.
Returning to the example Permanent load, the load will be considered acting UPWARDS, ie opposite to what happens in reality.

Activating the N Checkbox becomes useful when you want to see the effect of loads acting according to an alternating pattern, such as in the case of thermal loads.