Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

TonyC

Warning 10090-10091: 'Beams - pillars - Possible incorrect constraints

TonyC 2016-02-24 10:43:48

I'm opening this new thread for our EdiLus users

Application
I'm getting this message in diagnostics, "Beams/pillars possibility of incorrect constraints".
What does this mean and what do I do next?

Answer
This message is a simple "Warning" message and isn't a error but a simple notice that gives useful instructions to the user.

In this case, the message appears when beams or pillars, in timber, steel or generic materials, are connected onto walls, or reinforced concrete walls. The message is intended to draw the user's attention to the technical definition of the internal constraint referring to the structural model.

In these cases, the program automatically considers steel beam/pillars, timber or generic material, "internal constraints".
If the user's analysis assumes that such a condition is NOT coherent with reality, a manual intervention is necessary and the internal constraints must be modified accordingly before launching the stresses calculation.

Click the link to view a video on how to change the internal constraints:
video.accasoftware.com/EN/edilus/id333/index.html?idPLV=6377&autoplay=1

N.B.: These Warnings cannot be deleted from the diagnostics window regardless of the changes made on the specified members.
These messages do however allow the calculation to proceed and does not cause any of the construction documents, such as reports and reinforcements schedules, to show specific errors relating to Warnings of any kind.