Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

User_1150617

PC Spec

User_1150617 2020-09-15 08:16:17

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone here can share their PC specs. I have a i7-7700K CPU, 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 and m.2 SSD.

Everytime I render a scene, it takes about 20-30 minutes before I get High quality image. CPU utilization is very high but the GPU is only running at 3%.

Is this software CPU intensive? Am I right to say that the more cores I have the faster the rendering will be?

It appears that Edificius doesn't use GPU to render.

Tony

Tony 2020-09-15 09:31:19

Hi,
Edificius uses GPU power for rendering.

In fact, the rendering engine has best performance especially when using a good GPU such as yours.

The best thing to do now is to check your driver settings. Nvidia driver utilities normally allow you to "force" a software to use the GPU so maybe you can try that. Have a look at the attached screenshot to find the "Program Settings" tab and set Edificius to use the GPU - Nvidia_force_GPU.png

With the Edificuis AIrBIM engine (Artificial Intelligence Rendeing in BIM) -you'll be able to notice that even 4K renderings take just a fraction of the time a traditional RyTracing engine does because the AI denoiser completes a partially rendered iamge using Machine Learning technology.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

User_1150617

User_1150617 2020-09-15 09:48:10

Hi Tony, thanks for your help.

I've tried almost everything but still there is no difference to the rendering performance. I've attached 2 screenshots here. I'm grateful that you are helping me out.

Thanks

Hi,
Edificius uses GPU power for rendering.

In fact, the rendering engine has best performance especially when using a good GPU such as yours.

The best thing to do now is to check your driver settings. Nvidia driver utilities normally allow you to "force" a software to use the GPU so maybe you can try that. Have a look at the attached screenshot to find the "Program Settings" tab and set Edificius to use the GPU - Nvidia_force_GPU.png

With the Edificuis AIrBIM engine (Artificial Intelligence Rendeing in BIM) -you'll be able to notice that even 4K renderings take just a fraction of the time a traditional RyTracing engine does because the AI denoiser completes a partially rendered iamge using Machine Learning technology.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards
Tony

630750_1600156039_acca_2.jpg

Tony

Tony 2020-09-15 10:10:23

If you are using a Laptop, you can also try setting your Battery Power usage to "High Performance". Most Laptops will only use the Onboard GPU if these options are set to Paving Saving mode.
However, I would also recommend tryying to update your Video Card Drivers too.

Regards

Tony

Tony 2020-09-15 11:13:10

Can you show me your File running in Edificius please.

Please join the training session by downloading our Smart Support App.
Download from here: www.accasoftware.com/en/smart-support

After launching the APP, simply insert your Name in the field.

Regards
ACCA software Technical Support team
www.accasoftware.com

Tony

Tony 2020-09-15 15:44:40

Hi,
Thanks for sending in your file.
When moving on to the rendering process, it's always a good idea to only have the lights in the scene you are rendering on. Before proceding to your next render, you can then switch those lights off and switch on the lights that you need in your next scene.
I would also use Emissive Material to simulate your LED Spotlights (see attached video). It gives a completly different effect and also brings in a little more realism.

A further suggestion would be to always use Materials on your objects (furniture, walls, etc). These are necessary especially when doing interior design renders and good for simulating the true behaviour of artificial lighting indoors. Please also disable the TILING option in your Rendering settings - this is necessary only when using Low Performance cards and with limited Video Memory.
You should notice an improvement in duration.

As with the CPU/GPU usage - You will definitely see a CPU usage during initial scene creation and when the rendering launches the Denoising threads. AI denoising is CPU based when not using an AMD video card.

Please also enable the IBL lighting and choose from one of our HDR backgrounds..

These work great because not only do you have a relaistic background but the lighting information is also used to Illuminate your scene and all natural lighting blends better into your Rendering.

See these videos:
For Background settings: video.accasoftware.com/EN/edificius/id877/index.html?idPLV=13209&autoplay=1

Rendering settings: video.accasoftware.com/EN/edificius/id877/index.html?idPLV=13216&autoplay=1

Dealing with lights and groupings: video.accasoftware.com/EN/edificius/id461/index.html?idPLV=8224&autoplay=1

See this screenshot to learn how to disable Tiling features

See this Video that shows how to set Emissive materials and how long it takes to render one of your interior zones.

Hopefully this should help!
Regards

User_1150617

User_1150617 2020-09-15 17:27:01

wow Tony! Thank you so much for your recommendations!

I didn't know we can light up the LED lights using Materials. I've tried a few things and the rendering is so much more realistic.

CPU utilization has reduced a little bit to 40% instead of 80%.

GPU utilization has gone up from 3% to 20%.

From what I can see, I don't really need to upgrade my PC unless I want more CPU cores to reduce rendering time. The WX 9100 that you have isn't being fully utilized when rendering which is a surprise to me. I thought it would go up to 90%.

Hi,
Thanks for sending in your file.
When moving on to the rendering process, it's always a good idea to only have the lights in the scene you are rendering on. Before proceding to your next render, you can then switch those lights off and switch on the lights that you need in your next scene.
I would also use Emissive Material to simulate your LED Spotlights (see attached video). It gives a completly different effect and also brings in a little more realism.

A further suggestion would be to always use Materials on your objects (furniture, walls, etc). These are necessary especially when doing interior design renders and good for simulating the true behaviour of artificial lighting indoors. Please also disable the TILING option in your Rendering settings - this is necessary only when using Low Performance cards and with limited Video Memory.
You should notice an improvement in duration.

As with the CPU/GPU usage - You will definitely see a CPU usage during initial scene creation and when the rendering launches the Denoising threads. AI denoising is CPU based when not using an AMD video card.

Please also enable the IBL lighting and choose from one of our HDR backgrounds..

These work great because not only do you have a relaistic background but the lighting information is also used to Illuminate your scene and all natural lighting blends better into your Rendering.

See these videos:
For Background settings: video.accasoftware.com/EN/edificius/id877/index.html?idPLV=13209&autoplay=1

Rendering settings: video.accasoftware.com/EN/edificius/id877/index.html?idPLV=13216&autoplay=1

Dealing with lights and groupings: video.accasoftware.com/EN/edificius/id461/index.html?idPLV=8224&autoplay=1

See this screenshot to learn how to disable Tiling features

See this Video that shows how to set Emissive materials and how long it takes to render one of your interior zones.

Hopefully this should help!
Regards

Tony

Tony

Tony 2020-09-16 09:11:58

Very pleased that it helped!

Regards