How to add a custom material to the library
John 2020-05-28 15:26:40
Objective: to create a new texture in the USER BIM OBJECTS LIBRARY, by loading customized maps (eg Downloaded from the internet).
1. open the USER BIM OBJECTS LIBRARY; (attached img box “a” )
2. open the materials and colors section; (attached img box “b” )
3. Right-mouse click over the left section and choose add -> folder (insert the name of the folder); (attached img box “c” )
4. right click on the folder and choose append -> element; (attached img box “d” )
5. in the "New material creation wizard" type the name of the material (Title) and select the preferred Category, Type, surface finish, Effect and Diffuse colour. then click "Confirm"; (attached img box “e” )
6. import the maps into the relevant fields by clicking the three dotted button and select "import from file” (attached img box “f, g, h, i” )
Please keep in mind that the map formats that can be imported are:
.bmp, .dib, .jpg, .jfif, .png, .mng, .jng, .gif, .dds, .tga, .pbm, .ppm, .pgm, .pam, .pfm, .hdr, .psd , .ppd, .xpm.
Are you sure you wantto delete this comment?