Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

Arb23

Why do Floor Plans not work like Sections?

Arb23 2020-01-20 23:49:56

How can I show elements from other levels on my Floor Plans, ie. roofs, walls and slabs etc on all levels below?

Isn't a floor plan just a horizontal section. At least should we have the option to turn on entities from lower levels?

madoniaivan

madoniaivan 2020-01-21 10:00:42

Hello there

Right now the only way to solve this issue is to insert a floor plan in the lower level and then change the elevation of the section of a certain value, intercepting the level for which you want the actual floor plan.

We are aware that this work around it’s a bit time demanding and should not be the correct procedure, that’s why we made a proper function to solve this issue. This function will be available on the next software update but I can show you a preview as I’m a beta tester, please check the attached image.

Also keep in mind that this new software version it’s a major upgrade and will came with some very important news, like for example the MEP module, and will be available probably by the end of this month.
470395_1579597221_1.png

Tony

Tony 2020-02-06 08:57:18

Sorry Anthony,
our reply was published but not visible for some reason. Just fixed it and you should be able to see it now.

As Ivan was saying, the next update of Edificius, due to be released early next week, will allow you to vary the cross-section view depth from the section plane.

Hope this helps.

Arb23

Arb23 2020-02-09 05:05:42

Hello Tony,

Great to hear that this feature has been added. Can I expect to upgrade in the next couple of days?

Thanks,
Anthony Buntine

Tony

Tony 2020-02-10 09:00:16

Yes,
you'll be able to download it this week.
I'll keep you informed as to when you can access the new version.

Tony

Tony 2021-10-27 14:45:50

Any questions?