Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

Arb23

Beam entity crosshatch style.

Arb23 2019-12-11 06:38:36

How do I change the crosshatch style for beams? For example, I would like them to display a concrete hatch pattern when sectioned.

Tony

Tony 2019-12-11 12:46:41

Hi, you can customize the hatch pattern used for the cross sectioned elements by working with the styles section of the program. You'll see that when generating the Drawing Models you have a wide range of graphical adjustments that can be made.
See the Styles Tutorials here:
video.accasoftware.com/en/edificius/id0/search.html?mode=1&d=video_en_edificius&q=Styles

Anyway, if you have a look a the attached figure, you can see where you need to operate to change teh way your beas are shown in a cross-section.
However, you may also find useful assigning a specific material to your beams. These obviously come with a relating Hatch pattern too.

styles.png

Arb23

Arb23 2019-12-11 14:41:24

Please answer the question. I know how to use styles.

The STYLES editor does not let you specify a hatching pattern to be used in cross sectioned parts of drawings. It only allows color and hatchline thickness.

When I cross section a beam, I don't want "diagonal lines" (which I believe must be hard coded for beams). I see the image you sent me only shows "diagonal lines" for cross hatch of beam section.

Is there a way to introduce a different hatch pattern into cross section of beam? Say concrete hatch.

Thanks

Tony

Tony 2019-12-11 15:04:16

Ok, I see what you mean.
No, for beams you can only modify the line types and thicknesses.
I'll see why we can't change that from an operational point of view and let you know.