Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

User_498232

Guidance on creation of bespoke elements

User_498232 2014-01-16 12:23:57

Hi,
IS there any video or topic regarding the creation of personal building assemblies, i.e. wall elements?
Many thanks,
Jesus

John

John 2014-01-17 17:49:39

Dear User,
you can create material layers in the catalogue elements as follows:

- open the USER catalogue;
- access the "material layers" section;
- open the local menu with a right mouse button click on the "vertical" and "horizontal" folders;
- select "add folder"
- click with the right mouse button on the created folder and select "Add element";

Now in the right part of your screen you have the toolbox where you can easily personalise your wall material layers.
Use the "Detail" section to add further layers that compose your assemby and to change the thickness, colour, the hatch fill, etc.

Please let us know if this has solved your problem.

User_501413

User_501413 2014-01-29 16:03:25

I'm hoping someone could tell me if Edificius is capable of entering vertical wall studs on 16 inch centers (or any center distance desired) as well as to design framing lumber for wall plates, door jambs and window headers.
thanks anyone

John

John 2014-02-03 12:34:35

To insert studs you'll have to use 3D models by means of the modelling integration feature with SketchUP.

Have a look at the following video to see how integration with SketchUP works:
video.accasoftware.com/en/edificius/index.php?cat=65&idplv=7332&autoplay=1

To build up wooden framings, jambs and headers these can be defined as parmaters for the Window or Door objects. To make the appropriate dimension changes, select the window and personalise the parameters in the properties toolbox on the right.

Have a look at this video to see how to change the window properties:
video.accasoftware.com/en/edificius/index.php?cat=5&idplv=247&autoplay

Best Regards
ACCA technical support