Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

petsagouris

Edit in Perspective mode

petsagouris 2019-04-15 17:56:21

It would be lovely to see and edit the project in perspective mode.
The axonometric mode is alright but it is difficult to make design decisions in it.

I know we can view the model in perspective. The problem is that we can't edit it in that mode.

Tony

Tony 2019-04-16 10:12:45

Hi,
I think what you need to do is use the Elevation View "Drawing Models".

Watch this video to see how to generate an Elevation view of your BIM model:
video.accasoftware.com/EN/edificius/id29/index.html?idPLV=327&autoplay=1

As you'll be able to see, once the New Working drawing is automatically generated, you can also enter a specfic EDIT mode from this view.

Watch how it's done here:
video.accasoftware.com/EN/edificius/id2/index.html?idPLV=9954&autoplay=1

You'll notice that the icon at the top Left hand corner of the View Window puts the Drawing Model into Edit mode.
From this point on, you can work on the Model with the program's editing fuinctions and also changing object parameters in the Properties toolbox on the right side of the interface.

Hope this answers your question.

petsagouris

petsagouris 2019-04-16 10:24:59

Thank you for the reply.

I place the camera for a perspective view and then go into its window.
I can see the perspective but there is not edit mode button on the window's top left toolbar.

Ideally the default 3D view should now be an Isometric view. It should be a perspective one.

Tony

Tony 2019-04-16 11:53:01

I see what you mean.
No, you can't re-model entities from this particular view but if you use the "select" Cursor (top left hand corner of the interface) you'll be able to select specific objects and make minor changes to the properties as they appear in the Properties box. No modelling can be achieved in this view.

Maybe you can try using the 3D Model (axonometric) and use the section box to cut through your model and then set up a standard view from the various predefined views.
Have a look at this short Video Example (decompress .zip file - it contains an .MP4 video file) and see if this meets your needs.
I'd like to take this opportunity to also let you know that if you're looking for a more "immersive" modelling Experience, you'll soon be able to use our VRi features that will be included in an upcoming Update of Edificius.
VRi will allow you to make changes to your BIM Architectural model using a VR headset (eg. oculus, etc.) and even experience Real Time material and entity changes in a fully interactive viewing experience.

In the mean time, please have a look at the attached video to see if this can suit you.

Hope this helps.

petsagouris

petsagouris 2019-04-16 13:57:21

OK! Now I see how to I can make better use of the Isometric view.

Editing in perspective is helpful because it gives immediate feedback of how the edit will look. It is really useful when designing to do that without switching projection modes (isometric to perspective and back).

I hope we get to have this in your amazing program at some point in the future!

Tony

Tony 2019-04-16 14:57:54

As I said, I doubt we'll be putting much effort into that but VRi will be a whole new level in terms of experiencing the spatial feel of your Modelling environment.
Most 3D Modelling environements are Isometric/axonometric but I'm sure you'll be able to make best use out of the section box feature.
Anyway, thanks for your suggestions and hope to receive more feedback from you.

ACCA international team
Tony de palma