Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

Maurice

Taking 360° Panorama photos (Screenshot)

Maurice 2017-02-23 18:51:10

Here's a new technical support case that I'm sharing

Question:
I've created a project in Edificius but finding it hard to produce a 360 360-degree pano photo to view in a Tablet/Smartphone. Where am I going wrong?

Answer:
In order to produce this kind of photo (a 360 Screenshot), simply proceed as follows:
1] Select the "REAL TIME RENDERING" node from the Navigator on the left hand side;
2] do a right-click and then choose "Add Real Time Rendering";
3] Using the positioning tools (keyboard - Joystick) simply adjust the scene's observer point to generate the 360​​° photo;
4] From the RTBIM Toolbar click "create 360° image" button (bottom toolbar) above the photo reel - ;
5] Select a folder where you want to save the 360° pano photo and confirm with the green check;
6] The 360​​° Photo is created and opened in an internal viewer;
7] Now you can publish these 360 photos directly to Facebook by clicking on the icon on the main toolbar;
8] In order to display a 360 pano photo on Tablets, SmartPhones etc., simply copy the saved image from PC to your mobile device.

User_728209

User_728209 2017-03-16 12:27:45

Here's a new technical support case that I'm sharing

Question:
I've created a project in Edificius but finding it hard to produce a 360 360-degree pano photo to view in a Tablet/Smartphone. Where am I going wrong?

Answer:
In order to produce this kind of photo (a 360 Screenshot), simply proceed as follows:
1] Select the "REAL TIME RENDERING" node from the Navigator on the left hand side;
2] do a right-click and then choose "Add Real Time Rendering";
3] Using the positioning tools (keyboard - Joystick) simply adjust the scene's observer point to generate the 360​​° photo;
4] From the RTBIM Toolbar click "create 360° image" button (bottom toolbar) above the photo reel - ;
5] Select a folder where you want to save the 360° pano photo and confirm with the green check;
6] The 360​​° Photo is created and opened in an internal viewer;
7] Now you can publish these 360 photos directly to Facebook by clicking on the icon on the main toolbar;
8] In order to display a 360 pano photo on Tablets, SmartPhones etc., simply copy the saved image from PC to your mobile device.
Maurice

I am very satisfied with the publishing of 360 panoramic images from realtime rendering to Facebook. But I found some problem during dynamic viewing, because I can find border lines from cube projection. You can watch it on attached JPEG panorama image. I think that developers could try to improve the quality of published JPEG panorama imagy by removing these lines. Thank you very much.
380681_1489663311_360_panoramic_images_demo.jpg

John

John 2017-03-17 11:58:28

Hi Libor,
please be sure ti have the latest update of Edificus installed as some optimizations have already introduced with regard to 360 pano photos.
However, depending on the type of materials used in a project, this kind of disturbance may appear. In this case, the best thing to do is to reduce the "ambient occlusion" value under "Lighting" in the real time rendering effects dialog.
see attached image for details.