Creating transparent areas (homes) in TEXTURES
Maurice 2016-09-07 15:26:27
Here's another interesting Technical Support case for our Users
I need to represent transparent parts in a material that I'm using. Is there a way to do this?
In order to create perforated areas in a material simply proceed as follows:
- With an image a graphics editing software create a 1024*1024 pixels image;
- Apply a "WHITE" color background;
- In "BLACK" now draw the shapes that you want to represent as "HOLES";
- Save the image in .png, .jpg, .bmp etc;
- Open Edificius and go to the CATALOGUE node (USER or PROJECT) and under materials and colours load the Material to customize;
- Select the TEXTURE and under "Properties" go to the "Transparency" section;
- In "Transparency" select "Perforations/holes" > "Image" and upload the image that you previously created;
- cofirm and now Apply TEXTURE to the desired object;
- View the effect in the RTBIM view.
Here's an example texture "TEST":
Are you sure you wantto delete this comment?