Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

studioBAM

Wall Display - Multiply lines in wall

studioBAM 2014-09-15 10:52:45

Currently the wall displays only as the 2 outer lines. How do you make the wall display multiply lines in plan view to show the various materials that make up the wall. ie plasterboard / Timber Stud / Cladding. this wall is currently displaying only the outer face of plasterboard and cladding. how do you show lines representing the timber framing in the middle?

John

John 2014-09-15 16:27:31

To represent your wall material layers in Plan View, you'll have to use the Material Layer object. Have a look at this video to see how to proceed:
video.accasoftware.com/en/edificius/id29/index.html?idPLV=321&autoplay=1

Furthermore, to create your own Material Layer composition, you'll see how it's done here:
video.accasoftware.com/en/edificius/id50/index.html?idPLV=3778&autoplay=1

User_618019

User_618019 2015-11-15 09:57:18

Hi,
The problem with this is we can't tell when one type of wall starts and another begins, how can we differentiate between walk types on plan?

John

John 2015-11-17 09:57:57

Dear sir, you can assign a pattern for your wall material layer representation as follows:
- select your wall;
- click "open project catalogue editor" (pen and paper icon) in the properties toolbox under the "Material Layers" section;
- open "SECTIONED part";
- assign a pattern;
- confirm.

Repeat this operation for all kinds of building envelopes where you need to represent material layers.

Once you switch to viewing your floor plans, you'll notice that the building envelopes will have a different representation according to their material composition.
Detailed representations of the material layers can't be viewed directly on the wall or slab objects.
Edificius uses the current viewing method mainly because:

- it allows the designer to decide the wall layers as the design process proceeds.
- another reason is because at each wall intersection you would have to decide which material layers prevail on others.-
the drawing is easier to read in our case otherwise you'd have to use large drawing scales whereas a tag allows you to keep the drawing scale smaller.

User_749994

User_749994 2017-02-13 20:16:53

Hmm, sorry for refreshing this old post but I have a big problem with the same issue. I completely understand the idea behind this approach but it's against widely accepted practice and even some building permit drawings rules in my country which happens to be Poland. All the other BIM software I worked with has an option to chose a detail level in plan and section drawings. We usually make conceptual drawings with two lines for walls. But for building permit drawings it's unacceptable. The drawing should clearly show which walls have 3 layers and which only one without the need to place layering details on the sheet. That's how we make 1:50 and 1:100 drawings. Because of this issue - I don't see a possibility of using Edificius for anything more then conceptual phase.

I'm curious if more users are in need of this feature and if developers are considering implementing it in the future!

Otherwise - I really like this software, a lot of things are much better then in Revit IMHO!

John

John 2017-02-15 16:34:16

Dear sir,
in order for us to get a better idea please send us an example with drawing represented in 1:50 and 1:100 with the kind of illustrations you require.

Best Regards