Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

User_318404

Solar panel layout, etc

User_318404 2021-12-01 02:43:41

How do I add a solar panel layout to my erf layout?
How do I add a solar geyser to my model? That will be for a geyser installed on top of the roof.
How do I add a ceiling that is at an angle to the underside of my roof. The examples only show horizontal ceilings.
How can I change the height of my fencing?
How do I provide roof calculations with R-value according to XA calculations and specifications?

madoniaivan

madoniaivan 2021-12-01 12:02:32

Hi there

How do I add a solar panel layout to my erf layout?
- would you mind to specify what do you mean for ERF layout? Are you referring to the insulation value of the roof? Or the planning permission documentation? In those circumstance edificius do not provide the calculation which are instead available in TerMus plus.
if you are working on Edificius (not in solarius PV) and you need an architectural representation fo the solar system than you just need to select the panel object from the drawing menu, insert the basic object and from the properties menu, under the characteristic-model select the solar panel element. (check the attached image)

How do I add a solar geyser to my model? That will be for a geyser installed on top of the roof.
- The same procedure described in the previous point, but this will provide you only a representation of the solar panel without the geyser chamber. If you need a better representation I suggest you to use the 3d blocks already available on the online object library or (even better) create your own model with the sketchup integration.

How do I add a ceiling that is at an angle to the underside of my roof. The examples only show horizontal ceilings
- The procedure is the same as for the other horizontal envelopes: after inserting the “false ceiling” object, select the inclined plane type (slope line or through 3 points) from the geometry section of the properties panel and define the inclination graphically from the 3d view or numerically by inserting a precise inclination value. (check the attached image)

How can I change the height of my fencing?
- Please have a look at the video at this link, basically this procedure it works for any railing object

How do I provide roof calculations with R-value according to XA calculations and specifications
- You can’t in Edificius. To be more precise, you can enrich the architectural model in Edificius, then export the IFC model and continue working in TerMus plus and TerMus Bridge in order to obtain any aspect of the dynamic energy analysis, simulation and building energy performance

470395_1638356412_2.png