Forum

Helping others, engage in discussions, share your experiences and knowledge with other users.

User_1289670

how can add point cloud file rcp to usBIM

User_1289670 2021-06-04 08:44:35

Dear sir
I find the usBIM can upload point cloud file to show such as las, pts ....file but the recap export file rcp file can not show it in usBIM, have you any suggest to slove this question.

Tony

Tony 2021-06-04 09:16:34

Hi,
although you can load any file extension in usBIM, we do not view native recap files. .Rcp file are proprietary file formats and would need to be converted by the Recap application.
Can you check out if you can export to other Point Cloud formats that we support in our Viewer?

Regards

Tony

Tony 2021-06-04 10:53:33

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand your question.

Point Cloud is a surveyed aspect of the Built Environment.
The BIM model can be built upon that and filled with Life-cycle based information afterwards.

User_1301373

User_1301373 2021-07-05 13:39:33

Hi,
although you can load any file extension in usBIM, we do not view native recap files. .Rcp file are proprietary file formats and would need to be converted by the Recap application.
Can you check out if you can export to other Point Cloud formats that we support in our Viewer?

Regards

Tony

hi, can you please explain how I would load the las point cloud into my model

Tony

Tony 2021-07-06 09:55:08

Point cloud import as a 3D Mesh is being implemented as we speak.
For the time being, you can import your Point Cloud files and Federate them with other Models (revit, Edificius, EdiLus, 3D Model files) using our usBIM Cloud itegrated system available here:
cloud.usbim.com/

Once you login, Simply create a new Folder and load your Point Cloud files and other Models. Then create your new Federation file (New Document Button at bottom right hand side) choose the "New Federation Document" and then choose the Point Cloud file/s or other Project Models etc. that you loaded previously.
Check Screenshot: Create Federated models File

At this page, choose your Files (one of which will be your reference) and then Re-open the Federation file.
File Federation

Hope this helps.